Wednesday 25 December 2013

Oh oh ohhhh fuck it...

Yes, Christmas, a time of year which I'm ambivalent about for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I never know whether to be happy I've received gifts, or guilty because I'm fortunate enough to have present bought for me when there's homeless people on the streets and children in Africa drying poisonous water for charity adverts.

People say be mindful and grateful, but all I see it as IS "Feel guilty you fortunate fuck, you got DVD's!"

I don't want to feel guilty thank you very much, I have enough going through my head that I try to appreciate the joys in life witohut resorting to the inevitable guilt of knowing people I don't know so really shouldn't care about are having a hard time.

In the end, I've made a conscious decision to care about my friends and family. Anyone else I'll make a decision on when I meet them. Bollocks to the rest of humanity...

I also really enjoyed Doctor Who, I know alot of people don't share that sentiment and think it's a pile of shite. We again, fuck you, I like it and I liked this episode. I'm not say it was perfect and I did see areas that if I was a writer would change. But, I'm not, and so where as my love for the sci-fi show runs deeper than just as a piece of light entertainment, if I really wanted to make a difference in the show, I would have aimed to be a writer for it. But I'm not, instead I'm sat on my arse with my feet up typing this blog.

I shed a tear for the passing of Matt, you can tell he warmed to the show and embraced the ideology as well as the fans and that makes it even more heartwarming that he's gone. But things change, he has a career to look after and  I hope him every success in the future. Now for some Capaldi to start mixing things up.

I;m feeling a little drained at the moment, after events recently have taken an odd turn so my modelling blog so on the modelling front, just a short one.


The brake van has now been weather with humbrol paints with some LNER & BR tail lamps added to the read. To give the wagon a run down look I used humbrol 98 & 33 in a 2:1 ratio. Applied a sa thinned wash before wiping away with cotton buds. The chassis frame was dry brushed with humbrol 133 with the springs and brake dry brushed with humbrol 62.



Finally i have completed the sulphate wagons, adding a tissue paper/newpaper cladding as the tarpaulin. They were painting NATO black which makes them look green, washed with a mix of flat black and NATO black and finally dry brushed with a mixture of revell 85, 6, 75.

The lettering was a gen pen and the strapping was model ship rigging but I suspect sewing thread would work just as well.

As I have mentioned before, I have no real idea how accurate this train is and I highly suspect it isn;t. But this is as close as I think it could be.

ave a Merry Christmas, if you can't then... don't....

No comments:

Post a Comment