Sunday 8 December 2013

Blindness and exasperation...

EHwoh!

I'm back... I bet you'd never thought you hear that again! I am though, one year older and slightly more jaded that when you last met me, and let's be frank, I was quite jaded before hand.

I reached 27 and for a week I was okay, totally fine. Then it hit me, literally a week afterward, waiting at the bus station. I was older, physically, if not mentally. I hate that feeling. Especially considering I'm more atheist than agnostic. The pit in your stomach when you realise that you have about 70 more years on this planet, I'm 27 years in already and life's getting faster, God damn it!

This is one cruel game!

However, it's not all bad. Doctor Who was fifty the other week and I fankwanked myself silly with it all. Especially the Day of the Doctor and An Adventure in Space and Time.

An Adventure in Space and Time was beautiful and I'm not weak enough to hide the fact that I literally cried laughing and cried crying in the last five minutes of the show. It was a most beautiful moment which I was happily moved by the acknowledgement for the longest continuous running sci-fi in history.

This lead me to a site call Goodread where I've been reviewing books and adding short stories and talking to some cool people. Please visit and join in, it's pretty good. Goodreads

I've also taking to jabbing the living fuck out of my eyes with some contact lenses. What fun I'm having also causing myself to go blind by trying to make it easier for me to see.

Also what happened was a jolly little visit to the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway... which was both, enjoyable and bloody weird. Oxenhope, what is there, what the actual fuck is there? I found half a park and nothing else!!!! But it was nice to see the WD in action. Lovely engine, if a little loud.

Although there was a creepy moment between a train spotter and his Thai Bride, which made me question everything I hold dear.

On top of that, my local town has found out it has the world's shittest Christmas Tree, well England's shittest Christmas Tree. In fact it's not even a Christmas Tree at all... so it's a bit of misnomer really...

Bad tree

Anyway I'm digressing, we're hear to see me build trains and shit aren't we?

So, trying to combat lethargy, I have been pushing myself to work on the painting and decal side of this.

I managed to get so far with the brake van, I think all this I need now is to weather it, which a relief as it looked the hardest thing to make.



It isn't completely finished and is still prone to fall apart but it's good enough at the moment. The same goes for the Sulphate wagons below. The "Sulphate" decals were a little awkward but just some careful handling made short work of them.

As you can see with the wooden doors, I have added variations to the planking which will hopefully tone down with weathering.

Anyway, I must be off to repair my coat and sleep before *shudders* work tomorrow.

Awh and Doctor Who has finished on the DVD player whilst I've been typing this up... sod you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment