Sunday 30 March 2014

A Title About Something from Motherhood...

I give up.

I'm an ignorant, awful person who cares as much about other people as he does about everyone else. So no wonder I totally forgot it was Mothering Sunday today, I should have had an inkling when she was going on about calling some midwife. I kept telling myself, she's too old to bare children...

But I managed to trudge to HMV today and buy series three of Call the Midwife which one of her favourite programmes at the moment. This is, somewhat, a bit of a relief as my ears have been pounded by the constant bellow of the Merlin theme tune every day she's off.

Also today, I've managed to also buy myself a new camera, after the other one I had decided to take a business trip to Beijing via Kuala Lumpur and has yet to be seen since.

I've also found myself absolutely fascinated Canadian musician Grimes, an individual who was brought to my attention by a friend of mine last year and didn't really explore properly until the last few days. There is also the Seoul based BBC correspondent Lucy Williamson, of whom, I've been hoping tensions between North and South Korean grow so I can see more of her on television. I think I'm in love, I doubt it. It might be possible though.

Modelling wise, I've have been using alot of elbow grease on something which is technically old enough to be my own  mother. This is technically impossible as it is a Hornby Double crane, and not my mum.


It really wasn't bad for £15 quid, which I managed to bully the 10 year selling it to knock an extra £5 to strike a deal on £10. I'm the bestest :D

Normally these thing will cost around £45 - £50 at exhibitions and it didn't take a genius to see why it was so cheap. There was evident scenes of mishandling from some twisted edges on the turret to a large break in the jib.



The first task was to take off whatever was necessary on the model. Things like the winding handles, old ropes and the caste metal parts which would interfere with the flashes gearing system I plan to put in the model. 


The diecast parts were easily cut into with a circular saw bit but the steam handed simply sheared them down to nothing. So out came the razor saws and stone cutters which happily made short work of them. Some elbow grease was needed to file away any left over bits.




despite all efforts, I managed to turn my trousers either a distant Nebula or someone's pants from Dance with the Stars.

Not really alot to talk about really... god this was quite a boring blog in all honesty. Sorry for wasting your time. But look, there's more stuff to do... things such as the gears....



And the support stuff, like the trucks....


 And here are some photos I took with my great new camera, like my knackered Laptop... I broke the keyboard by dropping Contact Lense Solution on it... currently using a USB keyboard which looks like the designers are been eating illegal mushrooms. It's got a pretty picture of Parika dressed like Monkey :D


Here's one of my toilet with the lid open...


 ...and now with the lid closed.


and here's one of me, with my new Sunglasses :D




I'm off to listen to more Grimes and watch the Young Ones whilst regretting my current career choice.

Here's one of my favourite Grimes songs, and also whilst I'm at it, here's Lucy Williamson talking about South East Asia or something...

Night kids

No comments:

Post a Comment